1. Write your resume and cover letter. Your resume should include your information such as contact details, educational background, work experiences, achievements and qualifications. Make sure your resume is presentable and professional. A hiring manager will not have a second glance at your resume if it is not written properly. You have to make a good impact through your resume.
Partner your resume with a well written cover letter. Target your cover letter’s content to the position you are applying for. Before you print your resume and cover letter, you have to check your grammar, punctuation marks, and typographical errors.
2. With the rise of the internet, more and more companies are dependent on the internet. They rely on applications that can be found through the internet. This means you have to create your personal professional profile in any job searching sites. This way, you are ready to be contacted and searched by employers, recruiters and other contacts. Just remember to update constantly your profile.
3. Browse job search websites. You have to keep in mind that you should not post to any job search website. Go for job sites that can make your search faster by choosing sites that can provide you specific industry, location and the types of work.
4. When you are looking for a job, use appropriate words. It will help you retrieve your target and dream job faster.
5. When you receive an invitation for a job interview, make sure you are prepared for it. Know the company by searching and knowing the company. Read articles about milestones and achievements of the company. You can prepare as well for your interview by reading articles about probable questions that you might encounter. Practice your responses. On the day of your interview, you have to dress properly and bring your self confidence with you.
6. Once you receive your job offer, make it a point to accept or decline your offer. Do no let months pass by before you accept or decline an offer. It is rude to let the company wait for your response.
Taken and modified from the Internet.